1. Age criteria for classes pre-nursery, nursery and KG.
For K1 : 3+ years as on 31st March of the relevant year*
For K2 : 4+ years as on 31st March of the relevant year*
For Nursery : 2.5 years onwards. Promotion to K1 will be subject to the child having attained 3+ years as on 31st March of the relevant year. If not, will continue into Nursery and will move on to K1 in the next academic year
2. What curriculum will the school follow?
Global Montessori Plus and CBSE
3. How many terms will the school have?
We will be having only two semesters as per CBSE
4. By when will the school be till class 12th
We will be adding 1 to 2 classes per year
5. Is it a bag less school?
Children need to carry books to the school as per the time table for the day.
Lockers are provided in the school should the children wish to leave the books in school, and can then carry them home on the weekends
6. Will day boarding facility be provided?
No, as of now we are not providing day boarding facilities, however we can
7. Will homework be given to children?
Home work is an integral part of the curriculum and serves to further reinforce what has been taught in class. Homework will be minimal and not stressful.
8. Will meals be provided to children?
We have a dry canteen, which will provide students with snacks and juices.
For meals, we would want the mother to prepare, as Mother knows best!
9. What will be the student teacher ratio in the class?
For Nursery there is a maximum of 16 students in the class
For K1 and K2, there is a maximum of 24 students in the class
Both the above classes will have a full time teacher with a part time assistant teacher.
For classes 1 onwards, the maximum number of children per class is 40
Including the RTE
10. When will the school building be ready?
The building is already operational from April 2012 session. The construction is done in a phase-wise manner so that the areas of construction are completely cordoned off from the main school building keeping in mind the health and hygiene of your child. We have hired the best construction agency, which follow stringent timeline.
11. Will there be any enrichment classes in school?
Yes enrichment classes are a part of the time-table
12. What co-curricular activities will the school provide?
AS per list attached
13. Will spoken English be encouraged in the school?
The medium of instruction is English and teachers speak only in English. Children are also encouraged to speak in English in non classroom situations and we have already garnered good results.
14. What will be the school timings?
School timings are as follows :
For Kindergarten and Nursery : 8:30 am to 12:30 pm
For Classes 1 and above : 8:30 am to 2:30 pm
15. Will the school authorities be taking adequate measures to ensure hygiene in the school?
High standards of cleanliness and hygiene in line with International standards is a feature of all GIIS schools.
16. Which languages will be offered as third language in school?
A three language programme is a feature of all GIIS schools. We offer a choice of 4 languages for third language :German, French, and Japanese.
17. What are the criteria of recruiting teachers?
GIIS Teachers are highly qualified and have a basic degree of B.Ed. some of our teachers globally are post graduates and some are also Doctorates.
Teachers of Global Montesori Plus Programme have a globally recognized Montessori qualification
18. What sports facilities will the school provide?
With a focus on holistic education, Sports is an integral part of the curriculum at GIIS Schools. GIIS Indore has world class facilities for tennis, table tennis, badminton, mini golf course, and an international standards swimming pool, among others.
19. What first aid will you provide in school in case of any casualty?
In keeping with International Standards, an in house medical nurse is available through out the school hours, to attend to all minor injuries and medical emergencies. For major emergencies, the student will be taken to the nearby hospital and parents will be informed simultaneously
20. Will the school take students for educational excursions?
Yes. Excursions and educational trips are a part of the active learning process in GIIS Schools. These will be organised on a regular basis as indicated on the school calendar.
21. Will there be any workshops for teachers in school?
Teacher training is given a high degree of importance at all GIIS Schools, and all teachers are given a minimum of 80 hours of training in one year.
22. How often will there be PTM's?
Once every six weeks
23. Other than a PTM, When can a parent interact with the teacher?
GIIS considers parents as partners in the education process and parents are free to meet teachers, with prior appointment, as and when necessary.
24. Will the school celebrate all festivals?
As an International school, with over 52 nationalities world wide, GIIS encourages students to understand and appreciate all cultures and regular activities and celebrations facilitating this are a part of the school calendar
25. Will the school encourage inter house, inter school competitions?
GIIS has a host of activities as part of the GIIS Nine Gems Model, which facilitates holistic development. Inter-house, Inter-school and International level competitions will focus on bringing out the potential of every child.
26. Will the school cater to children with special needs?
The school does admit children who have borderline learning needs. In house behavioural counsellor, for addressing minor learning and behavioural needs.